Monday, May 21, 2018

Devon's Dish: [[THE BUCHER'S SON.]] restaurant review


As soon as I turned the corner, I saw the line. It was good sized, but I wasn't about to turn back. I watched a few videos and then checked out the menu. After finding "The Butcher's {vegan} Son" on Instagram, I decided to check them out a couple Saturdays ago. 

They had so many dishes to offer, some of my favorites were; the fried mozzarella meatball and the Chili garlic chicken B.L.A.T. I decided on one savory and one sweet. I wanted to get a better opinion and more importantly.. I was starving. It was definitely filled with foodies, and hipsters, but also families and large groups of friends and couples, everyone seemed stoked to be there. 

I knew it was going to be good. 


What can I say about the decor. I felt like I was in a place that was originally a flower shop, then 1950's diner and now had a mid century modern twist. The staff was super friendly, let me carry Maddie as I waited in line. The space behind the counter was microscopic but the staff moved around like a perfectly choreographed dance routine. 



The donuts were out of this world. I didn't eat one since I knew I'd already be in trouble with what I was planning to order.. They were perfect little pillow of friend dough, eclectically decorated using various toppings. 

Since I had Maddie with me, I had to sit outside.. which was fine. Like I said earlier, the day was perfect. Luckily, right after I put in my order of pancakes and Level 8 vegan sandwich and left the restaurant, I spotted a sunny table open up. 







My food was really delicious. On a scale of 1-10 I would say the sandwich was an 8 and the pancakes were a 9.5. I enjoyed the sandwich, but would skip the bacon and the cream cheese next time. The flavors were good, but combined they were too strong for my taste. The "chicken" was great, texture and flavor were on point. The bacon on it's own was good, but I was prefer it more crispy. The pancakes were perfect, The only thing that could have made them a 10, would be a side of blackberry jam. Of course I offered samples and Maddie liked the bacon most. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...