I love eating candy apples.. I don't like making them.
They are messy, and delicate and it's so much work for just one apple, because who can eat more than one at a time?
Hi Mommys!! How much fun is this for kids? How much work do YOU actually end up doing... Yes all of it.
My recipe is a lot more KID and DIET friendly.
If you're interested... keep reading. :)
- your favorite apples- I like granny smith for these, since they're crisp.
- chocolate- dark, milk, white.. doesn't matter.
- Caramel chews candy (easiest to work with)
- toppings- get creative!
- Popsicle sticks
- slice your apples into 1/2-3/4 inch slices, leave the seeds.
- stick the apples from the bottom with the sticks and set aside.
- Melt your chocolates in the microwave
- Melt your caramel in the microwave too!
- start dipping- you can do traditional- caramel first with chocolate drizzle or you can do layered, as shown down below.
- Then add your candiy toppings as you like, or leave them plain if you prefer.