Tuesday, February 25, 2014

slather me down

With all the warm weather California has been experiencing lately, it has put me in the mood for summer. Time to plan the backyard bar-b-ques, beach days and camping trips.

Bar-b-ques hold a soft spot in my heart, because they were a big part of my childhood. Both of my parents are very outdoors-y.. well not, dirt//hike//camp "outdoors" because that certainly ISNOT my mom. But both of them sure are; love nature, wildlife, sunshine on your face, garden growing "type" people. My parents have big decks in their backyard because they love outdoor entertaining. So as soon as the evening weather turned warm (around mid March) my mom would utilize the backyard and dining would be moved outdoors. Sitting for a hours- enjoying hors d'oeuvres, cheese//crackers, fresh fish or thick chops.. while listening to old stories wasn't a normal favorite for children. But my sister and I were far from normal...

So now when the weather turns nice.. that's what I crave.
nostalgia

On a more delicious note. Here are three marinades I am dying to try. 
AND remember- all will taste better if you can allow them to sit in a resealable bag or glass dish overnight!! 

Doesn't the Hawaiian one sound divine on chicken or pork tenderloin?
aloha :)




Items 
  •   1/4 cup pineapple juice
  • 2 tablespoons ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons minced peeled ginger
  • 2garlic cloves, minced
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro



Items
  • Olive Oil (for grilling)
  • Salt and pepper
  • ¼ cup maple syrup
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
  • 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce



Items

  • 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 3 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 3 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1/2 lime, juiced (or 1 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar)
  • 1 ounce whiskey/bourbon/scotch
  • freshly ground black pepper


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...