Tuesday, June 3, 2014

homemade hummus

I have an obsession with this stuff



I put it on almost anything. I use it as a dip for my carrots, I layer it on my crackers when making appetizers, I even use it as a sandwich spread (I hate mayonnaise). 

So I pulled three homemade recipes that I personally love, and could even eat plain on a spoon. If I'm feeling lazy I also love the Otria and Sabra brands, they put out a great product. You should be able to find them at your local grocery.

Classix
4 cloves of garlic (less, if you can't handle it)
2 cups of washed chic peas
1 1/2 teaspoons of sea salt
1/3 cup of tahini 
6 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons of water
8 dashes of hot sauce (again.. less if you can't handle it)

 mince the garlic in the food processor first, then add the rest of the ingredients. Taste it and add more of what you like. I always add more lemon and hot sauce. 

Green-go (gringo.. get it)
15 oz can of washed chic peas
1/2 cup of pesto (I like this recipe)
1/4 cup of olive oil
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 cup of toasted pine nuts
2 tablespoons of minced basil

puree all the ingredients together in your food processor until it is the consistency you like, then add additional, depending on the flavor you like. 

Sun dried Tomato
15 oz can of washed garbanzo beans
1/2 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
3 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of minced basil
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper

puree all the ingredients in the food processor minus the olive oil, drizzle that in last depending on how thick you like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...