Friday, February 23, 2018

Devon's Dish: [[THE TIPPING TEAPOT.]] restaurant review




 The Satori Tea Room was first introduced to me when I visited their location nestled deep in the center of downtown San Jose. Since then, that shop has moved to Saratoga, a tiny town  located at the base of the Santa Cruz mountains. I had the most wonderful time visiting this tea room, not to mention it was Superbowl Sunday.. so talk about having the place to yourself. :) 

My Aunt suggested that we come here for an afternoon and have some fun in memory of Nana. 
She was terribly British. I mean, a woman who was against getting her U.S. Citizenship because she was clearly a British woman and never converting. 


Here is my aunt, sipping her tea. I chose a Geisha green tea mix, which was light and airy but still remained true to its well-known flavor. My cup had the prettiest saucer, with dozens of flowers painted on it's surface. They have the best collection of dishes.. which, actually. it isn't a collection come to think of it.. Every cup a saucer is different and the tea pots are all different types, from classic hand painted roses, to funny shapes and colors. 

My sister had a gold elephant.  


We decided to get the "Tea for Two" but ordered two rounds so that would it would feed all four of us. I could have eaten about twelve more sandwiches, to tell you the truth ( they were so good ). Our scones were fresh from the oven, and they serve jam and clotted cream and lemon curd. The sandwiches I liked most were the pesto pumpkin seed and the pear, arugula and gorgonzola. 

Of course they have the traditional English cucumber and creme cheese, if you fancy. 


Just look at all the amazing pastries. The madeleine cookies were
 so good and I spread the jam on them, which was just divine. I could not stop with the chocolate french macarons, I think I even stole my Mom's share. They have dark chocolate and white chocolate petite fours which were decorated with tiny hearts. All the desserts were so pretty, but we managed to eat them.   


Here is a picture of my Sister, Nana and I.

The interior is a mixture of over-stuffed furniture, covered in all different fabrics. I loved the delicate vintage accessories, like the framed mirrors on the wall or the embroidery on the pillows. The colors in the shop are bright and inviting. The huge windows in front, light the gift area and show off all the tea mixtures available for purchase. The street outside, is lined with other shops, restaurants and tasting rooms. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...