Thursday, June 20, 2013

Paleo Brownies


These scrumptious little babies danced on my taste buds yesterday, and boy do they know how to tango.
  They are definitely more moist and more dense than your typical brownie, which I liked. It made for a chewy- gooey texture and it didn't crumble. My friend also said that you could substitute apple sauce for half of the banana, but I'm also wondering if you could replace some of the avocado too. (like the cake box recipes that allow you to substitute apple sauce for vegetable oil) I'll have to look into that. The recipe that my friend used is below... but I found some other options here here and here, if you're interested. 

Ingredients

2 1/2 cup almond butter
1 1/4 cup honey
2 lg ripe bananas
2 lg avocados
3 eggs
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder

Instructions

Mix the honey and almond butter in a large bowl
Beat the eggs, banana, vanilla, cocoa powder and avocado until you get a mousse-like consistency in a blender
Add baking soda and baking powder.
Spoon in almond butter to complete the batter
Pour into 8 x 8 baking pan or you can make them into bite size brownies by using a mini-muffin pan.
Bake at 350, 15-18 minutes
fun tip- add 1 tsp red pepper to your mixture for a little kick, or walnuts for a little crunch!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...