Thursday, May 1, 2014

Bringin' the Heat

I'm probably as white as they come.. with the exception of my amazing cooking abilities. That is an area where I truly transform. I can cook anything from Thai to French to Japanese, give me a little inspiration and I'll make sure to tickle your taste buds. 

I have a favorite taco truck that I frequent, around the corner from my house. Well, the other night I chose to put my culinary skills to the test and try to make my own version of favorite food.


 Items:
Sea Bass
Carne Asada
Serrano pepper
garlic
cilantro
avocado
lime
butter (for browning your fish)
tomato
mango
tortillas

Method:
I put sriracha on my meat with minced garlic and chopped cilantro- I let it marinate for a bit. 
The fish I threw in a pan a browned for about 9 minutes or so on Med/Hi.
I sliced my meat and pan seared that with a little lime juice.

While they cooked. I minced my Serrano pepper and more garlic, chopped my mango, tomato, and cilantro. I put them in a bowl with more lime juice and let it sit. 

When the fish and meat were finished, I heated my tortillas over the flame, plated my tacos and threw two huge slices of avocado on top.

nom.. nom.. nommm <3











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...