Wednesday, November 6, 2013

a cup-le o' cakes


You might have heard that I have a bit of a sweet tooth. Well, every since my sister "peaced out" on Kara's Cupcakes.. my heart (and tummy) have been longing for nibble of a petite pastry. I got a little crafty in the kitchen and decided to attempt a filled cupcake and an upside down cupcake; inspired by a pineapple upside down cake and the fresh strawberries I had on hand. I used this recipe for my peanut butter filled chocolate cupcakes. For the strawberry upside cupcakes I used this recipe, the only difference was filling the wrappers with cubed fruit before adding the batter. For the fronting on the strawberry vanilla cakes I used a traditional cream cheese frosting. I made it a little creamier by adding whipping cream and drizzled it over the tops of the cakes. Some great treats to have on hand for all your Holiday social events. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...