Wednesday, November 6, 2013

a cup-le o' cakes


You might have heard that I have a bit of a sweet tooth. Well, every since my sister "peaced out" on Kara's Cupcakes.. my heart (and tummy) have been longing for nibble of a petite pastry. I got a little crafty in the kitchen and decided to attempt a filled cupcake and an upside down cupcake; inspired by a pineapple upside down cake and the fresh strawberries I had on hand. I used this recipe for my peanut butter filled chocolate cupcakes. For the strawberry upside cupcakes I used this recipe, the only difference was filling the wrappers with cubed fruit before adding the batter. For the fronting on the strawberry vanilla cakes I used a traditional cream cheese frosting. I made it a little creamier by adding whipping cream and drizzled it over the tops of the cakes. Some great treats to have on hand for all your Holiday social events. 











Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...