Thursday, November 14, 2013

Devon's Dish



Last night I had the pleasure of enjoying a fabulous date night with a gorgeous girl. As most of you know I am a self proclaimed foodie and love all things delicious. Last night we took a short drive right outside the city limits to Campbell and dined at Liquid Bread Gastropub



Ambiance
The first thing I thought of when I stepped inside the door was how inviting it was. I would definitely put this place in the trendy category; it had dim lighting, exposed kitchen, great tables and eclectic decor on the walls. My favorite part were the metal signs on the walls. I have no idea what they said (because they were in a different language) but they added to the overall ambiance of the joint.  

Service
Our server Cory, was so sweet and helped us pick some amazing beers to sample. Me and my girl Jolie, have a thing. We like to go beer tasting and both enjoy a good porter. The Pumpkin Porter was to. die. for. He checked on us quite often and was really sweet to make sure we loved everything we tasted. The beverage selection was impressive with close to 30 beers, if I remember correctly. My top favs were the sour ale, the porter and the Blonde IPA .

Meal
We sampled the butternut squash soup which was creamy and smoky, just perfect for the season and a chilly night. We each had a salad (beer is filling) and I think I liked hers better than mine.. good thing she's a doll and shared with me. I had the Chefs Garden ( a plethora of roasted vegetables, kale and got cheese) and Jolie had the Grilled Kale Salad (kale, pine nuts, pomegranate, goat cheese) ya see a pattern here?

Dessert
Luckily, our appetites came back and we were able to try dessert. I had the chocolate brownie with cookie dough ice cream and real whipped cream.. one word- decadent. Jolie ordered the green tea crepes and honestly they were just.. ok. They were lacking something- the flavor was too bland and the dish was served cold? If that was the only disappointing point during our visit, I think they did pretty well. 

cheers Liquid Bread, I'll be back for another round

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...