Guys I have the cutest recipe for this season!!
How adorable are these stuffed bell peppers, made to look like mini jack o lanterns??
I followed this recipe but tweaked it a bit, to make it my own.
- 3 orange bell peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 shallots
- 3 cloves of garlic
- basil//rosemary//thyme (like a 1/4 TBSP of each)
- 1 med size tomato
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste.
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- line a baking dish with aluminum foil
- slice and dice your tomatoes, garlic, shallots.
- mix in your diced items with the beef, egg, bread crumbs & seasonings.
- core out the center of your bell peppers and cut faces into them using a small sharp knife.
- fill them to the top with stuffing and bake them for about an hour.
- * I didn't bake them with the tops on.