Thursday, February 7, 2013

think outside the bag


I understand that it's hard to find snacks that are healthy and that taste good too. And those 100 calorie snack packs just don't cut it.. I mean they're all cookies and crackers and no one wants the extra sugar and carbs when your watching what you eat.  In an attempt to help your cravings I have compiled a list of some of my favorite 100 calorie snacks for your on the go lifestyle. Hopefully, some you already include in your diet and some that will be a nice addition. Enjoy xo

2/3 oz of Dark Chocolate (I like this brand)

2 cups of red bell pepper (great replacement when you're craving potato chips)

1/2 cup of edamame 

1 medium apple (don't forget the nutrients are in the skin)

2 1/2 cups of watermelon

1 medium sized celery stick with 1 TBSP almond butter

Any tall skinny latte from Starbucks (plus 10 grams of protein)

2 TBSP hummus with 11 baby carrots

2 fruit leather bars 

15 raspberries (I like to chill them, then they're like Popsicle bites) 

1 cup sliced strawberries with 3 TBSP Cool Whip Free (I also like this chilled for a guilt free dessert) 

2 TBSP guacamole and 5 blue corn tortilla chips

14 almonds

1 cup mango

3 cups of air popped popcorn (my favorite, best bang for your buck) 


8 Shrimp with 4 TBSP cocktail sauce

1 1/4 oz of turkey jerky 

1/2 of an entire cantaloupe 

2 egg whites on toasted wheat toast


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...