Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Soup :: Lentil // Pumpkin // Black Bean

The weather has been cold lately, and when it gets chilly I really love a bowl of hot soup at the end of a long day. Sarah over at NewtritionSavvy has been sharing the most amazing soups so far this winter and I was completely inspired by her to come up with one of my own!

This one is so easy and has a great cook time- so you can make a salad in between. The other night I raided the pantry and found black beans and pumpkin soup, both courtesy of Trader Joes. I also had some red lentils in the house and I boiled those for about 10/12 minutes. While the lentils were simmering I threw in some cherry tomatoes and let them soften a little bit. I added {{to taste}} paprika, red pepper flakes, basil, rosemary, Siracha and Trader Joes  21 seasoning salute. I would cook the lentils/tomatoes first then mix in spices. Then add the black beans (w/water) and pumpkin soup and let it simmer for another five minutes. serve and enjoy xo





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...