Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Paradise Bars


The other week I got the itch to bake. I knew the taste that I had in mind, vacation..  but I wasn't sure what to make. Instead of going off a recipe from online, I decided to make up my own concoction. Sometimes being creative pays off, and this was one of those times because they turned out delicious!!

My inspiration for the dessert came from my vacation day dreams. To me vacation is: adventure, authentic food, living like a local, relaxing and nature. No matter where I travel- tropical or chilly.. those are the experiences that I crave. Where do you like to go for vacation?

 It had a graham cracker base, caramel coconut center and a chocolate chip cookie top. I thought they were delicious and had just the right amount of coconut flavor. Give them a try in anticipation for Summer!
enjoy xo

Recipe

Base
6 graham cracker cookies
broken up for the base
mixed with 6 TBSP coconut oil
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/3 cup honey

Caramel Coconut filling
make caramel like here
stir in coconut flakes to your liking.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Topping
(If you would like to change the cookie topping, you can use the flavor you like)
I used this basic recipe, chocolate chip cookies are standard across the board, but I always add more vanilla extract and use coconut oil instead of butter.

After you crisp the crust (10 mins @ 350 degrees)
layer your filling and spread evenly- while it's still warm
Then plop the cookie dough over the top and bake @ 350 for 20 minutes (longer if needed)

Done.








yum :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...