Tuesday, May 15, 2012

brownie mugs

So I was craving something sweet... well, when am I not? but I didn't really have any dessert type things in the house. I have been wanting to try a microwave dessert, and after a few different sites- decided on a brownie. The recipe consisted of everything I had at home, so that was perfect. I grabbed one of my coffee mugs and added the following...

2 tablespoons of watter, mixed with 1 1/2 tablespoons of melted butter.
Then add in a couple drops of vanilla extract and a sprinkle of salt.
mix well
Take 2 tablespoons of Ghiradelli cocoa powder and mix that in as well.
I added 3 tablespoons of brown sugar ( I totally would have tried this recipe using honey or agave, but I really just wanted a treat and didnt have time to play around with the recipe.)
Mix it up really well
Add in 4 tablespoons of Red Mills Bobs Gluten Free Flour
Put it in the microwave for 60 to 90 minutes... I think mine cooked for 70 seconds?

I chopped up some almonds and put some dried cranberries on top. Then poured some vanilla almond milk over the top.
It tasted gike the best part of a brownie, the chewy- gooey center. Then mixed with the almond crunch and the tangy cranberries. The almond milk makes it so creamy and a little more moist. The brownie is hot and the milk is cold, so together it makes for a perfectly balanced bite.
It was a great little treat and the best part was... there wasn't the rest of the cake to taunght me the remainder of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...