Thursday, May 3, 2012

Rabbit Food


my dinner creation the other evening
 I have to be honest... I have been made fun of before because of my love for salads. I can go out anywhere and probably find a salad on the menu that I love. A lot of times, when I'm at home I like to try and re-create my favorites.. or come up with some of my own. Salads are one of the easiest meals to make and eat. you can whip up everything and throw it in a Tupperware with a side of dressing and your good for lunch or dinner on the go.. heck I've even had salad for breakfast before. I love a salad that is filled with a ton of ingredients. I always pick very flavorful items, that way I can taste the individual fresh flavors and most times I only add a little balsamic vinegar to enhance.

Most of my salads start with Romaine or Spinach as a base, and then I build from there. I like to add nuts, dried fruit, lots of other vegetables, a protein, different spices... and if I'm really cheating I'll add some goat cheese. It's really up to you what you add, and the possibilities are endless. I have added some of my favorite salad recipes.. hopefully it inspires you to create some of your own or just enjoy mine.

A Trip to the Golden Coast

Spinach (2 cups)
hard boiled egg (x2)
cherry tomatoes (a good handful)
raw broccoli (1 cup)
green olives (x5, finely chopped)
Avocado (1 med, sliced)
English cucumber (1/2 cup)
golden raisins (1/4 cup)
grilled shrimp seasoned with Cheyenne pepper and 21 seasoning salute (from Trader Joes)
spicy roasted pecans (sprinkled on top)
dressing: 1 lime, 1 lemon, one clove chopped garlic

The Sweetest girl you've ever met

Spinach (2 cups)
cucumber (1/2 cup)
carrots(x2, shredded)
Roma tomato (diced into 1/2 inch cubes)
pistachios(sprinkled on top)
Pink Lady apple (chopped)
dried cranberries (large handful)
quinoa (1/3 cup cooked)
garbanzo beans (1/3 cup)
dressing: balsamic vinegar and a little honey/agave nectar

THE Dinner salad

Romaine lettuce (1 head)
Spinach (1 cup)
Cherry Tomatoes (1 cup)
Avocado (1 large, diced)
carrots (1/2 cup, diced or shredded)
mushrooms (1/2 cup, sliced)
pepperchinis (as spicy as you like)
grilled chicken seasoned with lemon pepper.
Kalamata Olives (1/3 cup)
black beans (1/3 cup)
toasted walnuts (just a handful)
toasted pine nuts (sprinkle on top when serving)
sprouts (put on top when serving)
goats cheese (2 TBSP, sprinkle on top)
dressing- Non fat Balsamic Vinegrette or salsa verde mixed with lemon juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...