Friday, May 11, 2012

Mothers Day

This Sunday is Mothers Day... for all of you that missed the giant card sections at the store devoted to them and the pop up tents on the side of the road selling flower arrangements. Either way, now you know for sure.

So what are your plans for the weekend? There are a bunch of brunches being offered around the Bay Area... if that's your cup of tea. Growing up we have always gone out for Mothers Day Brunch, my mom, dad, sister and Nana are staples. This is the first year that my Nana wont be joining us, which does make me a little sad. So, instead of brunch- I will be hosting dinner in my home. I tossed and turned all week over this dilemma... seated dinner or tapas style? I like the idea of a menu filled with small dishes, because that way everyone can have a bite of what they like. But, my family tends to lean to the formal side of every event so a seated 3/4 course meal would also be appropriate.. decisions decisions.

After spending a good portion of the morning on Pinterest, I made the final choice. It was actually quite easy- I saw too many things that I wanted to cook, so I couldn't stick with a small dinner. Ill share with you a few of the recipes that will be consuming my time on Sunday ( I don't believe in pre-made) I hope it inspires your plans for mothers day or a regular supper during the week.

enjoy xx
Happy Mothers Day to all the beautiful women out there!!
Roasted Eggplant, Tahini, Tomato Mint Brushetta

Goat Cheese, Fg and Spinach Puffs

Asparagus Cheese Tart

* all images via my pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...