Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bottle Toppers


This was an home art project I first saw over here and thought it was such a good idea. I loved the famine touch that the crystals add to Emily's project, but I knew that the boyfriend wouldn't go with it. So I decided to find other cool objects that I could use for the toppers. I collected things from the vending machines at the drug stores, Michaels and Cost Plus.

The toppers would also be for another project that I am currently working on. I need the bottles to be on display for a bar that I am creating. That's why I wanted to go to the flea market in the Alameda. I was hoping to find some sort of table. I found one at a local consignment for $120... but I thought that was a little steep. I also found one at Cost Plus that would kind of work and it was only $99. So I went to the flea with $80 cash, so that I wouldn't spend more and hopefully find a less expensive item that would work. :)




I used an all purpose super glue- E-6000 is my favorite, but if you have one that you swear by... then by all means use that one. Attach the various objects to the top of the corks. With the crystals, if you cant find a flat surface, it helps to rough up the top a little with a serrated knife. Now all you have left to do it cork the alcohol! get to it, and you are finished.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Although the one you made for me with the school bus on top was the best!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...