Friday, July 27, 2012

Gilroy Garlic Festival


This weekend it's time for the notorious garlic festival in the South Bay. The festival is boasting it's 34th anniversary and is sure to bring crowds from all over. I can remember when I was a little girl, seeing the stretch of the 101 between Gilroy and San Jose be so crowded... just like a LA freeway. A normal 7 minutes car ride from Morgan Hill took closer to 1 hour to get to Gilroy for the event. I stopped going a few years back because it had been so hot on the weekends when it was hosted. But this weekend seems to show promise of cooler weather, so it might just be my year! 



It runs Friday, Saturday and Sunday and you'll know you're getting close when you can start to smell that distinct aroma in the air. I don't think you would believe me if I told you they have garlic ice cream, but they do... and I've tried it too! My friends' beau, Shane Dwight, will be performing at 12:30 on Saturday in the ampetheater- "Dwight is a charismatic and talented guitarist, vocalist and songwriter… fast becoming a blues sensation” -San Francisco Chronicle
They will also have a cook off tent (one of my favorite types of events)
Friday, it's "So You Think You Can Cook With Garlic," Saturday "Great Garlic Cook-off" is a crowd favorite and see pro chefs in action Sunday in the "Garlic Showdown." Should be a fun weekend and I hope you can make it down there!


images 1, 2, 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...