Thursday, July 12, 2012

Alameda Flea

Oh my goodness, I had the best time at the flea market the other weekend. They hold it the first Sunday of the month at the docks in Oakland/Alameda. You can always find fabulous things there. I went with two girlfriends who live up in the city, so we met there.

I had been wanting to make a bar in our condo, and had a specific vision.. I knew what I was looking for. I found the right sort of a tables at a few stores in town. But with a price tag of $100 minimum, I decided to go tot he flea with eighty in hand to see if I could find something cheaper, and boy did I!! My friend Maria was the one who pointed it out and I picked it up for $45, not a bad deal. I was happy with my purchase, plus I had extra spending money to pick up some other fun items.

There were so many amazing things for sale there, I couldn't stop taking pictures... even when my camera battery died, I kept snapping shots with my phone. The first time I went, I didn't have nearly enough time to look at everything. One of my members explained to me that you are supposed to work your way from the back, because that is where all the good items are. I always make sure to follow a few simple rules when I go to the fleas. I don't buy designer bags, because they're usually fake. I don't let a wrong size get in the way of me buying something I fell for, you can always alter. And I don't go to a market with out a tank top on, that way changing is a lot easier.

Enjoy the shots from my day at the flea.
,

top- Free People, sweater- target, glasses- Electric, jeans- True Religion, sandals- Dolce Vita, watch- Michael Kors


glass


right down the street from my house.. small world

Kristina, me and Maria enjoying our coffees
new chevron bracelet

coco


mmm...falafel

i love succulents, because they're so low maintenance

street signs, thought they would make cool shelves

wheelchair from the 1920's
cowgirl boots

vintage hair dryer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...