Tuesday, August 14, 2012

i can never make up my mind



For the person who finds it hard making decisions, I feel your pain. Sometimes, I have to ask the waiter for advice at restaurants- or have my boyfriend pick a number one through ten to help me decide. When I'm out shopping.. I literally get anxiety if there are two pairs of shoes I like.. sometimes its beneficial because it serves as a reason for purchasing both. But it is hard to go through life having the worst time making decisions. I just don't want to pick the wrong one and miss out!


 I was gifted from my manager this amazing Madagascar vanilla extract and cake enhancer from King Arthur Flour and really wanted to make cupcakes with it. But I really had been craving a chocolate cake... so of course why not make it swirled, duh. I made two different flavors by splitting the batter in half. I decided to use this recipe I found, and it turned out just as fluffy as she promised. I really like an airy cake.  When it's too dense- it's overpowering with the thick layer of frosting on top.

As far as the toppings go, I took it to the next level. I wanted people to have their choice when it came to them. I think I wanted a salty and sweet cupcake, which is where the pretzels came into play. I also had a super chocolate choice, with shavings on top. And a plain, run of the mill, cream cheese frosting- my boyfriend really loves it, so I always have it available (lol, I know). The best part was the fact that they were bite size so everyone could try a few different flavors.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...