Friday, August 24, 2012

simply :: smile


:: some times you have to stop and smell the roses :: remember the best things in life are free ::
:: know that when one door of happiness closes, another opens :: and always count your blessings::

Count your gains instead of your losses.
Count your joys instead of your woes;
Count your friends instead of your foes.
Count your smiles instead of your tears;
Count your courage instead of your fears.
Count your full years instead of your lean;
Count your kind deeds instead of your mean.
Count your health instead of your wealth

{{author unknown}}

ummm... its Friday [[YAY]] and I seriously can't even remember this week it has been so busy. So with that in mind I'm forcing myself to remember all the good things that have come my way lately. My boyfriend's Mom heard good news and is seeing results from her doctor, over an ailment she has been dealing with for far too long!! She is such a strong woman and I just know that everything will even out and I hope she finds her peace soon.

Home has been crazy with the beau's new start up. Our schedules have been clashing lately, so I hope we can save room in our schedules for each other this weekend. He took me to the beach (yes, that's the way to my heart) and we shared a picnic from our favorite place and "kicked it old school" with some 40's by the surf . Sublime status. It was the perfect day to spend with my guy; lunch, frisbee by the water and a nap in the sun. Those are the moments I'm thankful for. 

Tonight I get to witness my sister and bro's unveiling of their new digs, well I saw it already- but now it's all "done up". They have a beautiful life together, and their new home is going to be one fun adventure after another- because lets face it, you never finish decorating your house. I know I've been bugging them with the details, but "good things come to those who wait"... and all that jazz and whatever... but I'm ready to pop the champagne and celebrate... TONIGHT, I finally can. Thank you for inviting me to be a part of your happiness.

So take a chill pill today, and reflect on your own life's journey. Be thankful for how far you've come and be optimistic for what has yet to unfold.

sooooo good

funky pickles at the farmers market

best milkshakes.... PERIOD

one of my favorite flowers

Maddie practicing safety first in her new car seat

best omelet from this favorite


the pacific

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...