Wednesday, November 21, 2012

cheesecake and pie


As mentioned earlier this week.. I am in charge of the dessert table for Thanksgiving part one. I decided to go with a New York cheesecake and yummy Pumpkin pie bars. Classic always wins. This morning I am running in the San Jose Turkey Trot 10K. So I can be sure that I will be sampling both desserts tonight.

Last night, after I was finished baking, I decided the Cheesecake needed something else because it didn't look right naked. So I decided to add some caramel sauce with black sea salt- that was given to me as a Hawaiian souvenir . I love it, by the way. I figure you really can't go wrong sweet and salty..


The pumpkin pie bars sounded like a good take on the traditional. Except they are made with a ginger snap crust. Plus the added benefit is that you can cut as much or as little as you like, depending on the amount of room you have left. Hopefully I picked the right treats and have something for everyone. I wish you a wonderful Holiday with those you love and lots of yummy dishes for you to enjoy throughout the day and many sweet memories for you to be thankful for next year.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...