Friday, November 23, 2012

get your weekend on :: Small Business Saturday


image

After a wonderful dinner yesterday and getting to catch up with my Dad's side of the Family, I am truly blessed and thankful for this Holiday. Getting to have dinner this year with both of my Grandmas was so special and I loved getting to spend extra time with them. I know I'm lucky to still have both of mine around and I enjoy learning about their lives and hearing all the old stories. I hope everyone had a fantastic Holiday.

Now onto the weekend.. I didn't participate in any of the Black Friday craziness, did any of you? I used to work retail and I can honestly say I would never voluntarily choose to go shopping at that time. I even have to go to Target for a few things today, and I'm still scared.

As you know, Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving {sometimes at 12:01 am} when large retailers give amazing deals to kick start the Holiday shopping. <-- not too fond, but love this--> Small Business Saturday partnered with American Express.

It's the Saturday after Thanksgiving where you give back to the community by shopping at the local boutiques and individually owned shops to help promote the economy. I think it's a great way to make sure the large corporations don't hog all the business and we allow the smaller "mom n pops" to prosper.

So rethink your shopping destinations and check out the Small Business Saturday tomorrow November 24th. Some Northern California local shopping destinations I would highly recommend are Los Gatos, Los Altos, Mountain View, Morgan Hill, Santa Cruz, Palo Alto on University and Pleasanton. I would say San Francisco but there are so many locally owned shops- you should go to every neighborhood. Some of my favorites in the City are; Noe Valley, Marina, Hayes Valley, The Mission and The Height.


image

So please get out there are support all those adorable local shops you always promise yourself that you are going to go in- because tomorrows your day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...