Monday, November 19, 2012

Fun around the table


I love the idea of a large group of people sitting around the dining table- eating, drinking, enjoying eachother's company for hours on end. That is what always intrigues me about other cultures like in Italy or Spain.
That might be the reason why I love Thanksgiving so much, well... that and the desserts.

I'll be honest, from the time when dishes get sided to when the desserts come out seems like eternity to me- but I do love the anticipation!!  While waiting I feel like you should give your guests something to do. I have pulled some sites that offer some old school games that you can print out and add to your place settings. That way guests have their own fun things to do while waiting, just in case they need some distractions too, like me. :)

link



link


link


When we eat dinner, it's a family tradition to go around the table and share what you are most thankful for. Whether, it be a specific event that happened over the past year or something you have done or something someone did for you. It's just a feel good moment. Use this print out in your place setting too- have everyone fill it out sometime during dinner and share them before you slice that gorgeous pumpkin pie!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...