Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Breakfast in Bed

A few weekends ago, my boyfriend and I took a trip to San Luis Obispo for a relaxing and romantic anniversary weekend. (hey.. 5 years is a long time.) The cute little college town is only a few hours away from the Bay Area- so it was an ideal little getaway... plus we got to bring our dog Maddie.
 it was her first vacation.

c/o @lenscaption

We stayed at the cutest Bed and Breakfast, the Heritage Inn, and enjoyed a weekend filled with laughter, excitement, exploration, the beach, Firestone BBQ, overcast days and even a nap! It was the best weekend ever. Our room had a fireplace in it and it was so perfect to open the window to let the cool air in while we napped in front of the fire. One day we went out to Pismo Beach and drove along the coast... literally. Then grabbed drinks nearby at this outdoor patio bar and watched the sunset. The last night we were there we indulged at this fantastic Tapas restaurant. We noshed and chatted and stayed till closing, it was nice sitting in the back, just the two of us, enjoying each others company. 

The Bed and Breakfast was so charming. Everything in it was so perfectly styled- it was like walking into your grandmothers home for a nice weekend stay. I literally could not stop taking pictures of all the different trinkets that decorated the table tops and walls. Each morning when we came down to breakfast, we were greeted by a large spread of delicious goodies. My favorite was the Greek breakfast frittata- here's a similar recipe if you'd like to give it a try.

When my week is getting tough I'll daydream about this past weekend. We went there with no plan and it turned out to be the best that I could have hoped for. I got to spend time with the love(s) of my life, unwind and laugh a lot more than I do on a regular basis.


bedside table:: 'Lucky Elephant' Dogeared necklace and Vintage necklace given to me by my BF's mother.


the cutest hedgehog ever!!


fireplace in the dining room


a nice cup 'a tea

yum


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...