Thursday, April 12, 2012

It's that time of year...

Isn't April the month when people start panicking about getting "beach body" ready? I keep hearing, seeing and reading about men and women wanting to kick their workout program into high gear so that they can get their bodies in shape for bathing suit season. But, what I don't understand is why wouldn't you want to do that all year long? I know that in the winter people slack off when it comes to gym time because (lets face it) you're in sweaters and pants, so no one can really see the pudge sticking over the top of your jeans.

My Mom gave me great advice when I was younger... " You workout to stay strong and in shape and you eat right so you don't get overweight."

If you think about it, they are two different things. Because if you eat clean foods it reflects in your weight. And if you workout then you will always stay lean and fit. Have you heard of the term skinny fat? That's what you call a person who eats poorly but still wont gain weight.. WTH!!! not fair, but some people are like that.

What I want to say is that you should try to stay healthy all year long. Don't go "willy nilly" October through April and then starve yourself/spend 4 hours at the gym a day so you can bounce back into your summer body. I was reading the latest issue of Lucky and there are some fabulous reviews of different gyms to try across the country. I think that Lithe Method looks fantastic!! All of you near Philadelphia are very lucky to have the opportunity to try out that workout. I would feel like a regular Cirque du Soleil performer after only a few sessions. Plus using your own weight as resistance is a great way to stay lean and toned.

Check out the magazine scans and hopefully you can find a new gym in your area that tickles your fancy.



I wish I lived near Philadelphia

Those Nike shoes are the perfect color for Spring

I cant wait to try this smoothie

This year, try one of the new workouts. But once Summer is over don't go back to your old routine... keep up with your exercise plans and stay healthy all year long. That way you don't have to go through all the stress of losing all the extra weight next April. ;) ciao xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...