Monday, January 23, 2012

So Fresh and So Clean...

The CAKE I mean...

                 

The cake I made last night was so good and so easy- everyone loved it. I was at dinner the other night, we went out for Caribbean food (which was amazing) and now I'm in this tropical feeling but stuck in rain boots because it's raining outside.


photo courtesy of my boyfriend.. examples of his talent

Well I decided to brighten up my kitchen with a little coconut gluten free cake. So simple; eggs, vanilla cake mix, coconut oil, vanilla extract and coconut milk. I made a double layer cake- but you bake whatever size you like.

                   

Put the mix, 4 eggs, 1 cup coconut milk, 1/3 cup coconut oil, 1/4 teaspoon of  some extract that you have on hand (I didn't have coconut extract an obvious choice so I used vanilla) and a cup of shredded coconut. Pour it out into your baking containers and bake it at 325degrees for 25 minutes.
1- 9 inch is 30-35 mins
1-9x13 is 24-30 mins
cupcakes are about 22 mins ( I don't know how they got that random time??)
I always grease my nonstick pans, I just don't want any parts to stick because I hate the way uneven cake looks. But you don't have to be as overly cautious as I am.



When the cakes look delicious and the tooth pick comes out clean, then leave them to cool before you ice. I made standard cream cheese frosting with the 1/3 less fat cream cheese, but you can have whatever frosting you like. Then all you need to do is grab a glass of milk and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...