Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Homemade Cinnamon Chai French macarons


So, I debuted my macarons the other night on my twitter/instagram and I had a lot of responses asking for the recipe... so I suppose I could share...

I started with this recipe here . My sister had mentioned to me the other day, a cupcake recipe that she wanted to try. When I heard the flavor combinations, I thought it would be just as good as French macaron. Now I had never made the cookie.. but I didn't think that it would be too hard, which it wasn't.  I looked up a few recipes and landed on the one I just shared with you. The only thing I changed was that I added cinnamon to the dry ingredients and pumpkin pie spice and cardamon... just a sprinkle of each. 

Confectioners’ (Icing) sugar: 2 ¼ cups (225 g, 8 oz.)
Almond flour: 2 cups (190 g, 6.7 oz.)
Granulated sugar: 2 tablespoons (25 g , .88 oz.)
Egg whites: 5 (Have at room temperature)
1/3 Teaspoon of cinnamon
1/3 Teaspoon of Cardamom
1/3 Teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice

Turn the oven on to 200 degrees, grab your lined baking sheet.

I mixed the dry ingredients together in one bowl. And then mixed the egg whites with the blender and made it into soft peaks (when you lift the beater out they make a peak and the fall over) in another. Then I added the sugar in with the whites and did it in three batches. I beat the eggs until it formed into hard peaks (you can guess what that means.)Then I mixed the dry ingredients in with the eggs, in 3 batches.

Pipe the mixture onto the baking sheets, about 11/2 inches wide.Bake them for 5 minutes. I did them in a circular pattern and then helped it to even out.  Then take them out and raise the temperature to 375 degrees, return to the oven and bake them for 7-9 minutes. Watch to make sure they don't get too dark- they don't taste the same.  






Grab a sauce pan and pour your heavy cream in. I bought a 1/2 oz of chai tea at Whole Foods, but I think if you open two tea bag it should be about the same. Steep the tea in your cream for 3 minutes of high, 'till bubbling, then let it sit off the heat for 1/2 hour. stir it ever so often so it doesn't clump. Then add in your white chocolate chips and let everything melt/blend together. use the cream to bind two cookies together, and VoiLa you have a French Macaron!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...