Monday, February 13, 2012

Cupid shot me...


Happy Valentines Day <3
A conveinently placed street sign

New sugar lettering from Michaels

I know they say that this holiday was made up by the candy company and Hallmark- so that they could sell a lot of sappy cards. But to tell you the truth, I like this phony Holiday. I like having sweets and planning time to spend with my better half. Even though we don't go all out and buy each other life size stuffed animals and pay too much for a bouquet of flowers- we still play into the tradition of having a valentine.
I made some Red Velvet cupcakes tonight for my sweet heart because they are his favorite. I have tried like four or five times to made red velvet from scratch but to no avail I have failed each try.'Till one day I stumbled upon the Dunkan Hines mix, well actually my sister told me to buy it, and it stomps out the competition. Numerous times it has been mistaken from home made... and I didn't correct them, oops!


Makes 24 Cakes

For a little Valentines Cupcake surprise.
Make the cakes like the directions say on the box. Fill your paper cups.
In a bowl. Take 1 8oz. packet of softened cream cheese.
mix in 1 egg, 2/3 cup of Brown sugar, 1 cup flaked coconut.
Mix everything and then spoon some into the middle of each filled cup.
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

For delicious Brown Butter Cream Cheese Frosting.
Brown 8 TBSP of butter in a saucepan.Take 1 1/2 packets of cream cheese and one container of store bought cream cheese frosting and mix with butter using a blender. Fill a large Ziploc bag with the frosting and snip an end for the point. Fill each cooled cake with frosting and enjoy with your Valentine or yourself or a friend tomorrow!!
xo Ciao



Ready for tomorrow with Chamapgne.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...