Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pecan crusted Talapia & Bok Choy

So, the other night my boyfriend turned into Prince Charming and took me to Nordstrom and said "Pick whatever you like." .... wait that didn't happen,,, what am I thinkin'??
But really, what happened was that I came home from yoga and as soon as I reached our floor, my nose filled with the most delicious aroma and my knees buckled beneath me.
please be coming from my home, please.. please.. please.
I opened the door and it was from my house, and I had delicious talapia and bok choy waiting for me. He had prepared a delicious meal and he said it was easy.. light bulb came on and I knew I had to post it here.
Our day began, at Race Street where we picked up some gorgeous talapia fillets that already came with pecans on the outside. This is a great time saver and the price between a plain fillet and a pre-nutted one is not very much- especially because you would have to buy the nuts and crust it yourself at home. Ones that are already done makes for a fancy dinner without the fuss.

Race Street Fish Market (we call it that, because we can never remember it's true name.)
the pretty fish counter
Earlier that weekend we got some bok choy from the farmers market, so we already had that for the dish. Most of our veggies come from the farmers market, I like to buy local and support my community plus I can buy organic for less than Whole Foods. When I picked his brain he told me the recipe was very basic.

Recipe: Take the bok choy (washed and trimmed) lay it on a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper. Grate some carrots and shallots, and sprinkle them on top for some color. Drizzle some olive oil over the top and season with the seasoning/spices you like. we usually like red pepper flakes, lemon, or tarragon.  Bake (covered) at 400 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Then take the baking sheet out and place your fish centered on top of the bok choy. Cover it back up and put it back into the oven to bake for another 10 minutes.

Fresh Bok Choy
Shredded Carrots

This is a recipe that can easily be made on a week night. Total preparing/cooking time is 30-40 minutes and it is so healthy and full of good for you vitamins; vitamin B12, niacin, omega-3 fatty acids, selenium, vitamin A, antioxidants, folic acid, potassium and its low in carbs... pretty amazing dish. And I have no one else to thank but my amazing boyfriend... xo
DONE!!!

Want a bite? :)
1.2.3.4.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...