Thursday, February 23, 2012

REAL veggie lasagna :)


This recipe came about because I am trying to eat less wheat products... but at the same time I really like Italian food. Well, I know what you're thinking... Italian and low carb doesn't really go hand in hand. So I decided to make my own version of the classic dish. And when I plugged all the ingredients into my calorie counter I found that each slice is only 235 calories (if you make the dish for 8 servings).

I will list the ingredients I used, but the nice thing about this recipe is that you can stack as much or as little of each as you want. I made mine with asparagus veggie junkie and served a nice red wine with it. Because, really, what is Italian food without a nice glass of vino xo
hmmm... just realized that this was sideways oops

Saute the onions and garlic and turkey in a pan.
Slice all the veggies the long way.
Layer a baking dish with the eggplant first then layer all the other ingredients in whatever order you like on top.
plop the tomato paste randomly throughout the slices.
drizzle a little olive oil on top.
bake for 30 mins @ 405 degrees.
let it rest for 10 minutes.
serve and enjoy.
I used a 9x13 glass baking dish. it made 8 GOOD SIZED servings.



eggplant and green bell peppers


pear tomatoes add the right amount of "sweet"


it's all comin' together


I topped the entire dish with sliced zucchini, but this is a side picture w/o the topping so you can see what it looks like.

10 bucks from Trader Joes, cant beat it for the flavor and price!

asparagus green always POPS after you cook it


1 comment:

  1. mmmmmmm...that sounds good. oh wait, i ate it...it was wonderful!! but maybe next time you can make a bit less...considering there was only two of us!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...